2010 Cobber Men's Soccer - Game Recaps
Concordia junior Riley McGlynn and a Crown player fight for the ball in the Cobbers' 9-0 win over the Storm on Saturday in the first-ever soccer game at Jake Christiansen Stadium.
Cobbers Make History At The Jake!

Gameday Scoreboard:


Game Stats: Concordia vs. Crown Box Score - Now Online!

Opponent's Website: Crown Men's Soccer

Gameday Rewind:

Picture Gallery: Concordia vs. Crown Picture Gallery - Now Online!

Game Stats: Concordia vs. Crown Box Score - Now Online!

Gameday Game Recap:

MOORHEAD, Minn. (9/11/10)-- Concordia put up football-like numbers as they made history by playing the first-ever soccer game at Jake Christiansen Stadium in Moorhead on Saturday. The Cobbers scored a touchdown and came up with a safety as they beat Crown 9-0 in a non-conference game. It marks the second time in three games that the Cobbers have scored nine goals in a game against a UMAC opponent. CC also put up nine against Northland last Sunday.

The win washes away a one-game losing streak for Concordia and pushes their overall record to 3-1. The Storm lose for the second time in two days and fall to 1-3-1 on the year.

It took less than two minutes to record the first goal in Jake Christiansen Stadium history. Riley McGlynn finished off a passing sequence from Philip Bruckbauer and Marco Riboli to give the Cobbers a 1-0 lead at the 1:45 mark. It was the first of two goals on the day for McGlynn and Riboli would go on to add two more assists.

After an own goal by Crown at 12:15, sophomore Jared Rice collected his second goal of the season at 22:11 to give Concordia their first football-type lead at 3-0. Senior Jon Hedin would finish off the scoring in the first half when he deftly collected a dead ball service from Kyle Quimby off of his chest and poked it past the Storm keeper. After scoring only one goal in his first three years at Concordia, Hedin already has three tallies in his first four games of 2010. For Quimby it would be the first of his three assists in the game - matching Riboli's trio of helpers.

The second half belonged to a pair of freshmen. Matt Glogoza and Patrick Prendergast came off the bench to score their first collegiate goals and both would go on to tack on a second in the game.

Glogoza scored his first goal at 69:07 and then three minutes later he tapped home a rebound off a shot from Quimby. Predergast then stepped up to finish off the scoring. After entering the game in the 80th minute, Prendergast needed less than six minutes to notch his first collegiate score. He ran free on the left wing and easily knocked home a crossing attempt from Matt Winkels. Garrett Schiltgen was credited with the second assist on the play. Schiltgen and Prendergast would connect 3:15 later when Schiltgen put on a 1 v. 1 clinic on the left wing. After undressing several Crown players, he fired a ball across the goal mouth and Prendergast once again raced in from the left side and tapped home the "bunny".

Concordia outshot the Storm 47-3 in the game, including 26-1 in the first half.

Peter Runquist and Andy Iverson split the goalie duties for CC. Runquist started the game and played the first half. He was not credited with a save. Iverson took over in the second 45:00 and made one stop to keep the clean sheet.

The Cobbers will turn around and host Central (Iowa) on Sunday, Sept. 12 at 1 p.m. in the second game on the FieldTurf surface at Jake Christiansen Stadium.