Cobber Picture Galleries
Complete Menu of All Cobber Picture Galleries: Cobber Picture Gallery
Men's Basketball: vs. MSU Moorhead
Cobber Postseason Awards
Football: Grant Weller Named D3football.com All-American
Women's Soccer: Four Players Named NSCAA All-Central Region
December 20, 2007
- Concordia had four players earn NSCAA All-Central Region honors. That is the most in school history to receive All-Regions honors in a single year. It was also posted the most players from any school in the MIAC and third-most from any team in the region. Andi Purcell (Sr., Northfield, Minn.) was named to the All-West Region Second Team, while Rachel Lewis (Sr., Lakeville, Minn.) and freshmen Sam Johnson (Fargo, N.D./Fargo North HS) and Susan Obermiller (Fargo, N.D./Fargo North HS) were placed on the All-Region Third Team. The quartet helped the team finish with a school-record 16 overall wins. CC went 16-4-1 on the year and made the NCAA Tournament for the second straight season. Concordia also won their second consecutive MIAC regular season and playoff championships. Details...
- Concordia will host the annual Concordia Holiday Basketball Tournament on Dec. 27-29. This year’s tournament will be the 29th annual holiday tournament and will feature 10 top teams from around the Moorhead area. There will be five games each day with the first game of Thursday and Friday’s sessions starting at noon. The games on Saturday, Dec. 29 will begin at 10 a.m. to make way for the Cobber women’s basketball game against Valley City State which starts at 8 p.m. The complete game schedule can be found here: 2007 Concordia Holiday Tournament
Football (7-3/5-3 MIAC - 4th Place - End of 2007 Season)
- Concordia senior offensive tackle Grant Weller (Sr., Sauk Centre, Minn.) earned All-American honors from D3football.com it was announced on Monday. Weller, who was selected to the All-American Honorable Mention Team, becomes the 21st player in Cobber football history to earn All-American honors. He is also the first since the quartet of Nick Didier, Josh Dietz, Andrew Passanante and Jordan Talge received the top playing honor in 2004. Details...
- The All-American honor caps the award season for Weller. Earlier, Weller was named to the D3football.com All-West Region First Team. He also helped the USA all-star team defeat Mexico in the annual Aztec Bowl. Before that, Weller was named the top lineman in the MIAC (Mike Stam Award) and was named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American Team.
Men's Basketball (2-6/1-2 MIAC - lost at MSU Moorhead 69-47)
- Concordia finished off the 2007 portion of their schedule with a 69-47 loss at Division II MSU Moorhead. In that game, the Cobbers held a 40-39 edge with 10:47 left to play in the game, and were then outscored 30-7 down the stretch.
- Cobber freshman Erik Lien (Moorhead, Minn.) led CC in scoring against MSU Moorhead. He had 13 points to go along with five rebounds. He is currently second on the team in scoring with a 9.9 points per game average. He is also one of the top five scoring freshman in the league.
- Concordia is currently third in the MIAC in opponent’s scoring average. The Cobbers are allowing just 68.2 points per game and are one of three teams in the league to hold opponents to under 70 points per game. CC has held DII MSU Moorhead under 70 points in both of there meeting this year and has not allowed foes to score more than 71 points in six of their last seven games.
Women's Basketball (2-4/2-2 MIAC - did not play)
- Next Cobber game: December 29 at home vs. Valley City State at 8 p.m.
Men's Hockey - (1-8-0/0-4-0 MIAC - did not play)
- Next Cobber game: December 29 at St. Michael's (Vt.) at 1 p.m.; December 30 vs. Neumann (Pa.) at St. Michael's (Vt.) at 1 p.m.
Women's Hockey (4-6-1/4-1-1 MIAC - did not play)
- Next Cobber game: January 4 at home vs. Lindenwood (Canada) at 7 p.m.
Swimming and Diving (did not compete)
- Next Cobber meet: January 5 at home vs. St. Thomas/Augsburg at 1 p.m.
Wrestling (did not compete)
- - Next Cobber meet: January 5 at Dickinson State (Blue Hawk Classic) at 9 a.m.