Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country
- Brand new MONDO Outdoor Track in 2000.Features eight lanes, two Long Jump/Triple Jump runways, 100’x100’ High Jump area, two multi-directional Pole Vault runways, nine Discus/Hammer rings, three Shot Put rings, plus MONDO and grass Javelin runways.
- State of the art Indoor Track in 1994.Features six lanes, plus field event areas for the Long/Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put and Weight.
- Seven Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches.Our outstanding coaching staff allows individual attention and specific coaching for your event area.
- Successful Track & Field Program.Concordia was ranked #9 in the National USTCA NCAA Division III Team Power Rankings in 2000 and 14th in 2001.Concordia finished 2nd, both indoors and outdoors, the past two years in the highly competitive 12-team Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC).The Cobbers were the 1998 and 1999 MIAC Indoor Champions and 1999 Outdoor Champions.
- Successful Cross Country Program.Concordia has moved up to one of the top teams in the NCAA Division III Central Region.In 2000 the Cobbers finished 2nd in the MIAC, a national qualifying 5th in the Central Region Championships, and 20th at the NCAA Division III National Cross Country Championship.
- No Tryouts.No Cuts.If you want to be on a great team and are willing to work hard then we have a spot on the team for you.We have a wide range of ability on our team from National Caliber to Conference Qualifier.Everyone travels.Everyone competes.No one sits home.We attend very few meets that limit entries or require qualifying marks.
- Special Trips.Each year the Track & Field team travels to a warm climate to train for a week.Sites have included:Los Angeles, California; San Diego, California; Tampa, Florida; San Antonio, Texas.The Cross Country team takes a week-long trip to scenic Northern Minnesota to run in State Parks and Forests.Both trips are awesome team bonding experiences.
- Big Meets.If you have the ability, Concordia will take you to some of the biggest meets in the Midwest including the Drake Relays and the Kansas Relays.Being a top athlete also means traveling around the country for National Meets.
- Multi-Sport Athletes.You can compete in more than one sport at Concordia.You don’t have to give up one for the other.
- Return the Information Card Today.Interested in learning more about Concordia College and our athletic teams?Fill out and return a response card.Concordia will send you information about the school and academic programs and I will send you more information about our Cross Country and/or Track & Field teams.
-Have Questions?Call me at (218) 299-4163.Leave a voice message with your name, high school and phone number if I am not available.Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.I’d be glad to hear about your talents, training, and school activities.I’d also be happy to answer questions you have about training or college.
-Set up a campus visit through the Admissions Office (800) 699-9897.Please specifically request a meeting with me when you call.
Marv RoeskeAdmissions Office: (800) 699-9897
Head Women's Track & Field/Cross Country Coachhttp://www.cord.edu/dept/sports/
(218) 299-4189fax(701) 271-0510home