Class of '96
Senior Forward 6-4
Parents: Virgil & ElaineChristianson
Coach: Roger Stippel
Major: Healthcare Ad.
Bryan Christianson has been one of the inspirational leaders of the Cobbers for each of his four seasons at Concordia. His dedication has led to personal improvement in his game every year and major on court contributions this season. He led the Cobbers in their first ever NCAA tournament appearance with 18 points. He finished the 1995-96 season averaging just under 6 points and 4 rebounds per game, Bryan was third on the team in FG% at 54.2 and sho 74% from the free throw line.
His constant pursuit of excellence reflected itself in the classroom as well. This 1996 graduate maintained a 3.78 GPA in Health Care Administration.
Bryan Christianson's Career Stats
GMS PPG RPG Pts Rbs FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3M 3A 3% Ast St Bl 1993-94 8 2.4 0.4 19 3 8 11 73.0 1 3 33.0 2 2 100.0 6 1 0 1994-95 12 2.7 0.5 32 6 9 18 50.0 12 14 86.0 2 6 33.0 7 3 0 1995-96 27 5.7 3.4 155 91 58 107 54.4 38 50 76.0 1 4 25.0 16 13 2 Totals 47 4.4 2.1 206 100 75 136 54.6 51 67 76.1 5 12 41.6 29 16 2
He was part of a senior class that left a legacy of success:
After helping the 1994-95 Cobbers post an 18-7 record and reach the MIAC playoffs for the first time since 1987, they saw six of their teammates graduate and listened to predictions that 1995-96 would be a down year. But instead of falling back, this group of talented student athletes helped forge a new team that, at 21-6, became the school's first NCAA men's basketball tournamnt team. They also set a school record for wins in a season.
- No Running Cobber senior class can claim more wins in their final two seasons. The 1982-83 Cobber seniors had 38 wins in their final two seasons. This year's seniors have 39 wins over their last two seasons and a 39-13 record
- The 1995-96 Cobbers recorded consecutive top-2 finishes in the MIAC for only the second time in school history. (The 1981-82 and 82-83 Cobbers won consecutive MIAC titles.) Their MIAC Playoff Championship is the 4th MIAC men's basketball championship in School history. The earlier titles came in 1931, 1982 and 1983.
- As a result of their hard work, intelligence and unselfishness, the Cobbers led the MIAC for the second consecutive year in field goal percentage and were number 2 in league rebounding and scoring stats, despite being one of the league's smallest teams.
- These seniors have played a big role in rewriting Cobber team records, including most points per game (86.4 in '94-95) and best team single season field goal percentage (51.2 in 1994-95). The 1995-96 team passed the school record of 144 made 3-pointers set last year. They made 174.
- Most importantly, this group of seniors has helped build an expectation of excellence, an ethic of unselfishness, and a dedication to hard work that is now an integral part of the Running Cobber program. Their coaches and teammates will be ever grateful.
Men's Basketball Return to 1995-95 Wrap-Up
This page is maintained by the Concordia Sports Information Office email@example.com
Cobber Sports Home Page Concordia Home Page