2010 Cobber Men's Soccer - Game Recaps
Concordia senior Philip Bruckbauer heads the ball past the Univ. of Mary keeper on Wednesday's 5-1 win. The Cobbers scored four goals in a span of 20 minutes to break the game wide open and go on to win their second straight game.
First-Half Flurry Finishes Marauders!

Gameday Scoreboard:


Game Stats: Concordia vs. Univ. of Mary Box Score - Now Online!

Opponent's Website: Univ. of Mary Men's Soccer

Gameday Rewind:

Game Stats: Concordia vs. Univ. of Mary Box Score - Now Online!

Picture Gallery : Concordia vs. Univ. of Mary Picture Gallery - Now Online!

Gameday Game Recap:

MOORHEAD, Minn. (9/22/10)-- Fans that showed up late to the Concordia and University of Mary game on Wednesday missed one of the most exciting 24 minutes of the season. The Cobbers conceded a goal in the second minute of play then came roaring back to score four goals in a 20-minute span en route to a 5-1 win.

It is the second straight win for Concordia and they mover their overall record to 5-3 on the year. The University of Mary remains winless on the year and falls to 0-7.

A goal from a dead ball at 1:26 put Concordia in a 1-0 hole. The Cobbers needed less than three minutes to come up with the equalizer. Jared Rice started the CC scoring spree when he notched his fourth goal of the year at 4:53. Riley McGlynn and Philip Bruckbauer were credited with the assists on the play. The assists would begin a five-point afternoon for both McGlynn and Bruckbauer.

McGlynn then scored his MIAC-leading seventh goal of the year in the 11th minute. Cobber goalie Peter Runquist blasted a free kick from the CC penalty area. The ball bounced once and then flew over the head of the last Marauder defender. McGlynn ran onto the ball, calmly dribbled in on the breakaway and finally slotted the ball into the corner past a diving Univ. of Mary goalie.

Bruckbauer finished off the first-half scoring when he connected on back-to-back goals six minutes apart. He hammered a left-footed shot at 18:22 that nearly busted out the back of the net and then added a header at 24:24.

The four-goal output would take away the competitive portion of the game and CC was able to tack on a fifth goal in the first five minutes of the second half. Senior Marco Riboli finished off the scoring when he headed home a serve from Alex Dahl at 50:05.

On paper the statistics were  even. Concordia held a 17-16 edge in total shots and a 10-8 advantage in shots on goal. The one difference in the shots is that while the Cobbers' shots came on quality chances from inside the Mary penalty area, the Marauders shots were from outside the box and were tightly contested.

Concordia split the goalkeeping duties between Runquist and Andy Iverson. Runquist started the game and stopped five shots in the first half. Iverson played the second half and made two saves and did not allow a goal.

The Cobbers will now play four consecutive road games. They will a pair over the weekend as they travel to Northfield to square off against St. Olaf on Saturday and will then play at Wartburg (Iowa) on Sunday at 1 p.m.